The first part of the appointment was the hysteroscopy with Dr. Broadwell. It was intense. Everyone in the room was required to ware gowns, booties and hairnets (is that what they are called in the medical field?!?) and surprisingly quiet painful. But the pain was over in a few short minutes and being able to see everything was amazing. At one point of the procedure, I was able to see the saline going through my fallopian tubes. WOOOHOOO for no blockage! Dr. Broadwell was absolutely amazing! She made me feel so comfortable and I'm so happy that she is the doctor that will be helping us through this journey.
![]() |
| My wonderful mother, Debbie and I |
The second part of the appointment was blood draws - millions and millions of vials of blood. Just kidding...only ten and honestly, I have no idea what they were all for. But this is what I know so far, everything seems to be coming back good. I am not a carrier of Fragile X Syndrome. Woot! Woot! The only one they are a little worried about is my Vitamin D level is a little low. I'll be taking a Vitamin D supplement for the next three weeks and then have it retested. Fingers crossed, that this is an easy fix and the results come back better.
The next step in our journey, will be meeting with Dr. Broadwell and our donor to discuss the egg retrieval process. As always, I promise to keep you posted and hopefully, I'll have a more definitive time line on when things will actually start happening! I'm nervous, anxious but most importantly, super excited to really get this started!
Brooke ♡

No comments:
Post a Comment