Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Three Things

This post will be short and sweet. And right to the point as I am still trying to understand all the information we received from our consultation with Dr. Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic.  Our appointment was extremely informative and at times most of the information went right in one ear and right out the other, but there were three things he wanted us to take away from our appointment and those are the three things I want to share.

1) Although it's not conclusive and more test will be occurring in the next few weeks, Dr. Stanic-Kostic believes I'm going through Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) or also known as Premature Menopause. Yes, you read that right. A 31 year old is going through menopause. While I'm still not sure what all this means in my personal journey and how this will effect me long term, Dr. Stanic-Kostic suggest I look into Hormone Replacement Therapy.

2) How does Premature Ovarian Failure play a role in our journey to starting a family?  To be honest, it screws up EVERYTHING!! I will more than likely not be able to get pregnant using my own eggs. Those are the most heartbreaking words I have ever heard and will ever have to say. As a female hearing you may never get pregnant, crushes you. Breaks you into a million pieces.

3) Dr. Stanic-Kostic and the wonderful staff of Generations Fertility Care will do everything to help us achieve our family. With that being said, we have options. It might be even more unconventional than I originally thought, but all that matters is our dream of starting a family is not lost.

I want to thank you all for your love and support yesterday. It truly meant the world to us! We promise to keep you in the loop on this crazy journey! But for the time being, I'm going to wallow in self pity and eat a lot of ice cream!

Brooke ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment